Take Back Your Sleep.
At first, you may try to find a solution yourself. But at some point, we hope you understand it’s not a weakness to work with us to get your body to function the way it should.
It’s a sign that you know who you are and you want to do what’s best for you and those around you.
Whether you’re looking for solutions to help you with your snoring or assistance getting a good night’s sleep, MyoTech offers a team of experts who will help you address these sleep issues.
Customized Solutions For Different Sleep Issues.
- Experts estimate that as much as 50% of the adult population snores regularly.
- Loud chronic snoring, or Primary Snoring, often disturbs the sleep of a spouse or bed partner, even if it has no harmful effects on the person who actually snores.
- Primary Snoring tends to be rhythmic, causes no interruption in oxygen flow to the brain or does not cause arousals from deeper levels of sleep.
- Primary Snoring could be more than a nuisance for your family or bed partner – it could be affecting their restfulness, too.
Snoring is often related to a serious sleep disorder that should be addressed before suffering personal harm or serious side effects.
People with sleep apnea often suffer from high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, diabetes, and other hormonal imbalances. They are also at an increased risk of sudden cardiac death. Other related disorders include excessive daytime sleepiness, erectile dysfunction, depression, mood swings, and many other disruptive conditions.
Oral appliances may be helpful in treating sleep apnea. Typically, they’re designed to assist breathing by keeping the lower jaw and tongue forward, opening the airway space in the throat.
In some cases, no appliance is necessary to treat sleep apnea. In adults, the most common cause of obstructive sleep apnea is excess weight and obesity. Nutrition counseling and a willingness to adopt a healthier lifestyle may be your best solution.
Restless Sleep Affects Children
If your child struggles with
- Short attention span
- Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting)
- Daytime drowsiness
He or she may have an airway issue leading to restless sleep. Take the first step to a better night’s sleep for your child and entire family by scheduling a sleep consultation.
Health & Wellness
1828 Avenue of the Cities
Moline, IL 61265
Phone number: 309 764 0008
Fax number: 309 764 0059
Monday-Wednesday 7a.m. - 5p.m.
Thursday 7a.m. - 4p.m.
Friday 7a.m. - 12p.m.
©1976-2021 MyoTech Dental & integrative Health. All Rights Reserved.